Monday 23 January 2012

您好.
Do the Chinese even use fullstops? I don't care, it looks aesthetically pleasing. I'm haven't really got the time (and nothing happened today) to write a long blog, so don't expect much.


Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the dragon! See, I'm acting like I am a Chinese annual celebration expert, but I'm not (shocking, I know). I wouldn't have even known it was this week if it wasn't for a slightly awkward assembly with the new deputy head (a bit of a battleaxe,  looks a bit like Dolores Umbridge, she's nice though), she told us all misinformed youth about how they celebrate holidays in different cultures. Apparently, I'm an Ox. Which I find kinda odd, considering I hate Oxtail Soup - but I guess it just means I'm not a cannibal, right? According to the Chinese Zodiac, I am born to lead, but stubborn, I have a good memory, I can see things as they are, so I'm not easily persuaded and I'm supposed to be good physically as well as mentally. I have to say, that does sound like me (if maybe not the physical side...). My suggest jobs include: surgeon, doctor (who?), construction manager, army general or business leader. None of them jump out to me, except the company head, but I'm not in the position to judge this, considering I haven't got a clue about what I want to be when I'm all big and grown-up. I've had the same mentality ever since I was in primary school, "I'll decide when the time comes". It also says Oxen are most compatible with a 'Rat', which so happens to be what my girlfriend is (not literally). There's not much else to bore you with, in regards of Chinese festivities, but I'll draw a line underneath it with a piece of chalk that looks like famous people who are also Oxen (it's not actually a bad group):  Napoleon Bonaparte (he's like ancient and stuff, isn't he?), George Clooney (I can see the clear similarities between me and him), Walt Disney (he's not a bad drawer), Richard Nixon (he was in Doctor Who, so he's fine in my book), Barack Obama (he seems nice), Wayne Rooney (ew), Vincent Van Gogh (also in Doctor Who, have a thumbs up from me, Vinnie).


Don't you hate spoilers? I can't bare them, especially if they completely ruin the story and the enjoyment of reading/watching it. What annoys me most is that it is usually fans of the material who leak it, I understand they're eager to get their hands on it but isn't it a bit disrespectful to the creators to just abuse their work like that? They put in so much hard work to craft something that will be enjoyed by the masses, so why do they feel the need to spoil that for so many people (I'm addicted to rhetorical questions, help)? You know the last page of a chapter in a book? I'm so worried I'll accidentally reading ahead and finding out a plot twist before I've read the build up, I often cover everything but the line I'm reading and slowly creep down. Sad, I know. The most recent spoiler I've had was yesterday night, while I was researching (copying) my English homework on Bitesize - we're currently reading the  American novel, Of Mice and Men, a story about the strong relationship between two men, suffering from the effects of the Great Depression and their journey towards the 'American Dream' - I was scanning through the character profiles of some of the minor characters when I had a glimpse of "----- kills -----" and "----- uses ----- gun to ------". I was actually gutted. Never mind, we only had a chapter or so left anyway. I strongly recommend the book, it's a lovely piece of literature that perfectly highlights the best and worse qualities of the envious, homicidal, crazy things we call humans.


That's about it, so I'm off to watch Masterchef (did I ever mention the fact I love this show?), talk to you tomorrow!
Joshua x


pretty picture:
(not so) fun fact: this was originally going to be my blog background image!

Finished: 23.01.12 - 21:18

No comments:

Post a Comment